Friday, August 31, 2007

Well, I didn't do my laundry as hoped since I was fresh out of cash and too lazy to go get some. Instead I decide I needed to start making a crochet blanket...? I find it strange that I picked these colors, I'm not usually a fan of blue, but somehow they work for me. I wanted it to be mostly white with a splash of color here and there. To me it has the effect of an old, worn out quilt bleached by the sun and you know I love that!




I'm basically just treating it as one big granny square. Eventually it'll get too big and then I'll probably start making smaller squares instead. I made those littler guys thinking I'd put them at the corners of this piece, quilt style, and then keep going.

I like the free form nature of crochet. I'm not going to plan too much with this, just kinda go and see what happens. On a big scale, I think it will look lovely.

No comments: