Sunday, June 10, 2007

Summer Favorites

Today I got totally inspire to make some of my very favorite summer flavors. It's pretty much all about the lime!!


Fresh Salsa!!!

I like it very limey with just a little bit of spice. I put it in my tacos and I love a very cold spoonful or two on my eggs in the morning! I don't cut anything up that small because I like it chunky. They key is adding salt, which draws the water out of the tomatoes and makes it all juicy. It's pretty great as soon as you make it, but gets better as it sits. Ingredients: 3-4 tomatoes, juice of 2 limes, 1 pretty colored pepper ( I choose yellow today), 1 onion, 1-2 spicy kind of pepper, cilantro (which the store didn't have today!) and salt. Mix it all up people, it's that simple.


Holey Guacamole!!!





For all of you sillies who think a pastry blender is just for making pie crust... think again! I use it all the time for 'creaming' ingredients like butter and sugar for cookies and guacamole! It is an awesome tool, as long as you get one with sturdy blades that are a little sharp. I love my grandmas vintage pastry blender, but the wires don't work as well as my newer, more modern version. See, you can use the side of the bowl to your smooshing advantage...

Limeade & Coffee Ice



I totally can't make it without my summertime iced coffees! What makes them even better are coffee ice cubes! There's a place on Grahm Avenue called Cafe Capri, right across the street from Treehouse that makes the best iced coffee ever. They crush up their coffee ice and serve it up with milk and sugar. I think I'm going to start doing that...

Limeade:
8-10 limes, 1/2- 3/4 cup sugar, water. I usually squeeze all the limes, fill half way up with water, add 1/2 the sugar, mix it and then taste. Then I know what more to add. Usually a little of both!

!!!!!!TACOS!!!!!!!


I put all of these fresh, limey items to good use in my dinner tonight! T-A-C-O-S Tacos!

1 comment:

Ms G said...

Wow look yummy. I look forward to more recipe