Monday, July 30, 2007

Mush fest

Woah. I had a little blast of a mush fest earlier. I remain hopeful, but just a wee bit annoyed at how much space the thought of finding someone seems to take up in my head. The post is a little embarrassing but I'm going to leave it because I'm sure I'm not alone in my thoughts.

I remember a church service once where the Pastor said something that really stuck with me. Now, I'm terrible at remembering the exact words... but it pointed out that God is not interested in us simply following. He wants us to take risks, because when we do, he's then able to make something of it. Otherwise there are just too many options...

This is not to say that we should be jumping off bridges or anything. It just makes me realize that my own struggle with life and faith is about wanting to find a magic key that opens the door to a completely easy life. Wanting to find the "it" that takes all the questions out. In reality, it's the questions and mistakes that make us interesting.

What I struggle with is when to take those risks and how. And whether my desire to sit back and rely on divine intervention stems from a true faith OR a wimped out attitude that wishes to take the easier route.

No comments: