Friday, September 12, 2008

Rainy days are fundays

What if, instead of being sad when it rained, Carol King made a fort, put on a movie and watched the two cutest chickens share dinner beneath it... do you think she would have still written "Rainy Days and Mondays?"

Well today, on account of the Hurricane drizzles, there could be no park after school, so we built a fort and watched a movie. The film was still going strong at dinner time and since I'm always looking for ways to elevate my 'coolest babysitter ever' status, I thought, "Why not eat dinner in the fort?"

We did.
It was awesome.
Although the second photo of Clarissa seems to have caught a short moment of displeasure. I think she was just mad that I was taking a photo instead of feeding her a yummy peach.


1 comment:

Kj said...

I think the Carpenters (or their song writers_ wrote Rainy days and Mondays.

but Carol King's "So far away" feels much in the same tone- makes you wish you had a fort to crawl into, and an attractive person cooking for you as well