Friday, September 19, 2008

Obama everywhere...

I've been taking for granted the fact that I pretty much live in a triple pro-Obama town, have quadruple-pro-Obama pals and practically see his face on every surface from fenders to fanny packs. (ok I didn't see a fanny pack, but how cool would that be?)

I love this DIY verson! Use what you've got people!!

Regardless of your political leanings, you have to admit it's pretty phenomenal to have a Presidential candidate inspire such a wide demographic. My fashion designer roommate had an Obama themed show for fashion week while the grandmother of the child I babysit, who also happens to be a retired judge, is leaving town to go campaign at age 70.

Here's a candidate who is more than just the lesser of two evils, he's someone I'd really like to see become president! So what am I doing now to ensure I can throw some fancy State of The Union Address parties over the next four years? Well, with all the supporters doing work around me, I've sort of forgotten how important it is to represent, but now it's time to get in the game!!!

My suggestion, this necklace from Brookadelphia:
And if you prefer to stay neutral in your advertising... at least choose this sentiment:

I'm a big fan of Brookadelphia. We made a nice trade last Christmas at the Bust craft fair, when I got these rad antler earrings:


This year, at Renegade, I got this awesome "Post Post Modern necklace." It's always is quite a conversation starter.
This jewelry kind of doesn't fit with my usually, pretty old fashioned, girly girl look (is that what it is???) but that's why I love it. This will be my next purchase I think:


Oh, I almost forgot. $10 of the "08ama" necklace goes to his campaign! Go team!!!

No comments: