Monday, July 21, 2008

New Blue Sky Pattern!

I'm really excited to see the response out there for this new pattern! I was really fun and fast to make... well, sort of. The blocking of these squares took a long time and pretty much covered my house. First, I didn't have enough towels to do them all at once and second, when your cats think blocking = bedtime, it makes your work take twice as long to dry. (Does anyone know why cats love laying on wet knitting riddled with pins?) But eventually it all dried and I pieced it together with a fabric backing. I look forward to checking out other people's color choices.

The interesting thing about this pattern is that it started out in my mind as a sweater. In fact, I actually made the sweater for Blue Sky, but it didn't turn out quite as I had hoped or imagined. Eventually Blue Sky decided to go in a different direction and suggested turning the motif into a blanket pattern instead. I think it was a smart decision on their part, but I do hope to develop this sweater idea somewhere down the line...

2 comments:

zu-zu said...

You and your creations are amazing! Everytime I see your newest piece of artwork I picture the little girl that was constantly crafting something; in the kitchen, the backyard, and the dance studio. I always knew that you would keep this design ability with you and wondered what direction it would take. I am very proud of you! LUTB

Anonymous said...

This afghan is beautiful! - LM