Saturday, July 12, 2008

My new pal

There was quite a surprise waiting for me when I went home to Maine last week...My mom got a new kitten and didn't tell me anything about it! I walked in the house and he scooted on by like it was yesterdays news. Needless to say, I loved him immediately!

This was my temporary office on the one day I worked and sir kitten gazed at me through the screen...

Mom and I spent the week brainstorming names. My uncle was a big fan of the name trouble or Arizona. We considered a dogs name like Fido or Spot since, well check it out... he loves to play fetch!


My mom makes him these little tinfoil balls that he chases around constantly. He puts them in shoes, his water dish and every now and then right in your lap. Now, it's completely cat-style fetch, meaning he's in no way obligated to bring the ball back to you and you certainly can't expect it to be done quickly every time. He does love to play with the ball first, but then usually trots back and drops it beside you. This dropping, along with his little expectant wait for the your throw, just melts my heart. It make me feel proud. I can't wait to see him again!

Oh, the other names discussed:

Taz (I said no!)
Scribble
Arcade (this was a late contender that didn't get a fair chance)

but I think we settled on Rascal, right Mom? Or have you thought of more?

4 comments:

Kj said...

love the doggy-kitty- fetch footage. stellar.

you know i like to name things:
how 'bout

Wendell
Roger (oh, i think you have an uncle roger. darn i liked that one)
Gideon
Flash Gordon (Gordon or Flash for short)
Rupert
Grover
Ron Weasley
Halith, son of Hama, my Lord.
Mike (short for microphone)
Bert

Maria said...

omg-he-is-so-cute!

my cat caeser LOVES to play fetch. though he is a bit more particular in his choice of toy - he never really got into it until my sister (his mommy) got him this little ball from a pet shop in florence, italy. he LOVES it!

zu-zu said...

Rascal is my favorite. It fits when he is cute AND crazy. He just turned the lamp on by the TV! Now he is trying to sit on my chest while I type. He is a little Rascal!

Whosyergurl said...

My first yellow tiger was named Zac as in Zac Attack. My second one is named Milo as in Milo & Otis- cause he looks just like that cat & "talks."
Like your mom's cat, my cat also plays fetch! too fun.

Cheryl (Whosyergurl)