Saturday, November 8, 2008

HUH?

Lately, it seems I've been too busy even to eat a semi-proper meal. (Although I did splurge the other night and go here! Probably the best dinner ever!) I've felt too tired to upload photos or construct a thought. Sad.

The thing is, in order to have periods of Inspired Living, one must have times of uninspired living, right? It's not even like my days are that uninspired, they just don't have the extra hour or two here and there to log in and type about it. I'm still making and knitting away getting ready for Christmas time at the Flea and developing a few new patterns for Blue Sky.

What I've mostly been doing though is preparing for a dance performance in LA:

HUH?
Santa Monica Museum of Art
Friday, November 14 and Saturday, November 15, 2008
7 pm
$15, $10 for SMMoA members
Seating is limited. First come, first seated.
Tickets are available at www.brownpapertickets.com

Choreographer Melinda Ring and dancers Kimberly Hamlin and Sari Nordman
take over Martin Kersels’ sculpture “Rickety”. As one moody individual
portrayed by three people, they navigate the sculpture’s split levels
and awkward spaces with a mysterious group mind to the accompaniment
of a ticking clock and other ambient sounds.

This performance is in conjunction with the exhibition "Martin Kersels:
Heavyweight Champion" on view at the Santa Monica Museum of Art
from September 13 to December 13, 2008.

Santa Monica Museum of Art
Bergamot Station G1
2525 Michigan Ave
Santa Monica, CA 90404
www.smmoa.org



I like getting to be a dancer and fly to places to perform. (Actually, this is the first time I'm doing it, but it seems like a cool thing!) In order to be a better dancer I have to take a break from the feverish making of things and relax more. I'd love to think it was a conscious plan, but the truth is, when I get home I'm tired and don't have enough mind focus to come up with new ideas. So, in order to retain a little bit of productivity, I'll sit and work on a harf for a while and that seems to be enough for now.

I'll be back at the flea market November 23rd with a table full of new jewelry, trees, craft kits and harfs.

If you know anyone in LA... tell them about my dance!!!

1 comment:

Emilia Jane said...

Wha! I'm so excited. I totally want to go to this. This picture looks very "Party"-esque. At least you don't have to wear itchy, polyester dresses from the salvation army, right?